Wednesday, July 30, 2008

warm showers and washing machines

Yesterday, I had my 3rd warm shower since leaving Canada. Count em. 3rd. (Yes, I have had more than 3 showers, just not warm ones.) That was 38 days ago. Not that it was a big deal in Fiji. It was a lot warmer there then it is in Brisbane. But now that I’ve had a warm shower, it was glorious! And then I did a load of laundry yesterday too. Man, that was easy. We used a washer in Fiji sometimes. But we did a lot of hand washing. There was even a dryer! I have not even seen one of those since Canada.
Ahh, modern conveniences. I think that when you don’t have them, you adapt and adjust. But when you are exposed to them again, you realize their wonderful purpose and beauty. So next time you are having a shower and have the option of turning the temperature up, thank the Lord for the option.
It’s pretty expensive here. Pretty comparable to Canada I guess. But more $ than you feel like spending when travelling for a long time. We’re renting a car and heading up to the Great Barrier Reef on Saturday. Sunshine coast, here we come! ~R

1 comment:

Calvin and Andrea said...

Right on, good to hear of your enjoying the little things. Hope you guys have a great time in Australia & at the reef today.
Calvin